Puretec BoreSafe is a safe, easy to apply biodegradable chemical designed specifically to break down the iron build-up in the bore itself, the bore pump and pipework. BoreSafe eliminates the rusty slime, unpleasant odours, orange brown staining and other deposits. Boresafe breaks down the iron so that the water can flow freely again and it reduces the strain that blockages can put on your pump.
• A fast and effective way to clean bores from iron oxide and bacteria build up
• New and improved more powerful granular formula
• Environmentally friendly - Biodegradable
• Available in 5, 10, 20kg
Select from one of Puretec's attractive range of 3-way mixer tap and filter kit packages.
True flexibility with installation. High quality water filter housings with 10 years warranty.
A wide range of water treatment systems for specific contaminant removal.
Versatile water filter cartridges for many different applications. Small to large scale use.
A larger range of filter systems designed to be installed under your sink.
Kills bacteria - Uses no chemicals and does not affect the taste or odour of water.
Easy to install under your kitchen sink. Convenient, great tasting water on tap 24/7.
Ultraviolet Systems designed for commercial rainwater reuse.
These undersink systems are specifically designed for rainwater.
Portable systems suits for rental homes, boat and caravans.
You can have chlorine-free water right throughout your home with these systems.
The Puretec Food Service and Coffee range ensures the protection of appliances and the best tasting beverages.
Platinum Master Dealers Page. 24/7 Ordering availability anytime anywhere.
Instructions for bore treatment
Calculating the amount of BoreSafe required
1. Calculate the depth of water in the bore:
Total bore depth (metres)______ minus depth from the ground to the water level (metres)______equals ______.
Depth of water. i.e bore hole is 100m deep, the water level is 40m from the surface – water depth is 60m.
2. Ascertain whether you require a standard or a shock dose:
• Standard Dose – A regular maintenance dose when cleaning a bore regularly within 12 month periods
• Shock Dose – Required when the bore hasn’t been cleaned for long periods and has solidified iron build up
3. Check the dosage guide (please note this is a guide only) for the dosage required for the diameter of the bore and multiply that by the depth of water in the bore.
Amount of BoreSafe required per metre of water
|Bore diameter||Standard Dose||Shock Dose|
|50 mm||95 grams||115 grams|
|80 mm||245 grams||300 grams|
|100 mm||385 grams||470 grams|
|125 mm||600 grams||735 grams|
|150 mm||875 grams||1.06 kg.|
|200 mm||1.55 kg.||1.88 kg.|
|250 mm||2.43 kg.||2.95 kg.|
|300 mm||3.50 kg.||4.24 kg.|
|252 mm||4.77 kg.||5.77 kg.|
|400 mm||6.23 kg.||7.54 kg.|
|450 mm||7.88 kg.||9.54 kg.|
|500 mm||9.73 kg.||11.78 kg.|
Storage: Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place and out of direct sunlight. Store away from foodstuffs. Store away from incompatible materials. Store away from sources of heat and/or ignition. Store locked up. Keep container standing upright position. Keep containers closed when not in use - check regularly for spills.
How to use BoreSafe
1. Check the pH of your water (non-critical step)
2. Dissolve the required amount of BoreSafe in a bucket(s) of water. For every kg of BoreSafe add 10 litres of water.
3. Divert the discharge of the bore pipework back down the bore so the system recirculates (ensure this is done within the specs of the pump).
4. While the system is recirculating pour the dissolved BoreSafe down the bore. Leave the system recirculating for 6-8 hours, the water may change to a green colour.
5. Flush the system by moving the discharge of the bore water so that the drains away from the bore (BoreSafe is biodegradable - however avoid foliage that could be damaged and areas that could be stained)
6. To check all the BoreSafe has been flushed get a cup of 100 ml of the bore water and put 10 drops of the solution provided a 5 minutes delay. If the water goes purple the water is sufficiently flushed. If it stays clear more flushing is required.
Please find the closest Puretec water filter dealer by clicking the ‘find a dealer’ button below.
About Puretec Pty Ltd
Puretec is a premium manufacturer of water filtration products. Puretec is dedicated to manufacturing a wide range of leading edge water filtration products and to provide unrivaled backup. All Puretec products come with class leading warranties, are of impeccable quality and are true to our tag line “Perfecting Water”.
Help & Support